For a busy mom, a casserole can be a great time saver. Casseroles are awesome because so many of them can be made ahead and frozen. Here is a recipe for one of my favorites, King Ranch Chicken.
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10 oz.) RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 12 corn or flour tortillas, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large saucepan, cook pepper and
onion in melted margarine until tender, about 5 minutes. Add soups,
RO*TEL and chicken, stirring until well blended. In a 13 x 9 x 2-inch
baking pan, alternately layer tortillas, soup mixture and cheese, repeating
for three layers. Bake 40 minutes or until hot and bubbling. Serves 8.