Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Love: Heart-Shaped Crayons

 It is 1 AM and I am still awake. Why? Oh, because I want my two year-old, who barely understands Valentine's Day, to have something really cool and handmade to give to her friends at church. Chances are that, while these are non-edible, the kids will eat them; no worries, I spent the extra 20 cents and picked up the non-toxic crayons for this DIY heart-shaped crayon project.

Here's a quick tutorial for heart-shaped crayons...

Unwrap lots of crayons. I used five crayons for each heart.

Preheat your oven to 275.
Break your crayons into 3-4 pieces and fill silicone heart-shaped baking cups.
Bake in the oven at 275 for 10-12 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. 
Once crayons have cooled completely, pop them out of the baking cups, admire your work and go to bed. 

And the summary....



No comments:

Post a Comment