There is so much conflicting information out there about PCOS, but one thing most everyone can agree with is that a diet low in simple carbohydrates can be helpful. This is a favorite low-carb recipe for our family! It doesn't hurt that it is one of the simplest recipes in my collection.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 cup water + water as needed
- 1 Taco Seasoning packet or 3 TBSP of your favorite taco seasoning (Here's my favorite!)
- 2 cans Ro*tel tomatoes
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 (16oz.) package of frozen green beans (or fresh if you have them on hand)
- Shredded Cheese (optional)
- Diced Avocado (optional)
1. Brown meat with onion and garlic until meat is brown and onion is translucent.
2.Drain, if needed, then add taco seasoning and 3/4 cup water and cook over medium heat until water is nearly evaporated.
3.Pour the meat mixture into a large pot, then add the tomatoes and beans. If needed, add a little water to cover. Cover and cook on medium heat for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Top with cheese and avocados, then enjoy!
This soup freezes well and reheats well. If carbs are of no concern to you, adding corn and tortilla strips or chips to the soup will make it extra tasty!