Sunday, February 17, 2013

Love: Personality Plus!

I LOVE personality tests. When I picked up one of the teen fashion/love/whatever magazines growing up, I always loved taking the quizzes. That carried over into my college years and in my communication major I had the pleasure of taking a lot of quizzes about myself. I now realize that, while knowing about my own personality is important, it is so much more important to know more about the personalities of those I love.

A lot of time and money has been spent on personality research with varying results; however, it is almost universally understood that different personality types have different needs. Those needs make it so much more important to know about the personalities of those we love. If we know their personality type and know what their needs are, we can make a conscious effort to give them what they need when we interact with them. I am always most interested in introvert vs. extrovert, especially considering I grew up very close to my introvert brother and then married an introvert. I am off the charts on extrovert, so opposites definitely attract!

A friend of mine posted a helpful quiz on Facebook today (thanks, Kimberly!) and I thought I would pass it along. It is a personality quiz based on the Myers-Briggs (an abridged version) and can tell us so much about ourselves. Here is a link to the test: http://kisa.ca/personality/

Once you have identified yourself or others in your life as introverted or extroverted, the information below should be helpful!


2 comments:

  1. Much agreed! And glad you enjoyed the pictures and personality test. I too LOVE personality tests and learning about myself and others.

    Kimberly the ESTJ signing off...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for sharing!

      -Your ENFP friend...and it's never even close in any of the categories.

      Delete